You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the costs of a course with us. Loan eligibility does not depend on your income and there are no credit checks. Any individual who meets the criteria will be able to apply for a loan regardless of their current employment status.
If you’re aged 19 or over and are thinking about further education or training in England, you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £26,575 a year.
When do you repay your loan
- You’ll have to start repaying your loan when your income is over £26,575 a year
- You’ll be charged interest from the day you get the first payment
Loan Bursary Fund
You may also be eligible for money from the Advanced Learner Loan Bursary Fund if you need help with some costs while studying, for example, childcare, travel or trips related to your course.
What you’ll get
How much you get depends on:
- The type of course
- Your course fees
- The maximum loan available for your course
- The minimum loan you can get is £300
- Funds are paid directly to your training provider.
You do not have to borrow the full cost of your course – you can pay for some of it yourself.
Number of loans you can get
- You can apply for up to 4 loans and you can get more than one at the same time
- You can apply for another loan to take the same level of a course. You can only apply once for an Access to Higher Education course
- You must be 19 or older on the first day of your course
- Your course must be: A Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 qualification
- With an approved training provider in England
- You must:
- Be living in the UK on the first day of your course
- Be a UK national or have ‘settled status
- Have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course